If travelling the globe is what a happily lived life means to you and work is threatening to steal that away, then maybe you need to rethink your approach.
It can a hard feat choosing between a flourishing business and moving around the globe from time to time. So, shifting to a business that you can manage while still touring different destinations is a better way to go about it. Some of these ventures even require you to travel frequently.
Here are some business ideas to run a thriving company while circumnavigating the globe.
- Motivational/Public Speaking: Being a professional motivational speaker can present a chance to travel the glob if you target international markets. To be an exceptional speaker, read as many inspirational books as possible and learn many languages.
- Travel Writer: Creating blogs about travel experiences or travel tips is an excellent business idea for freelancers looking to work while on the fly. It gets realer if you write about personal experiences and add accompanying self-taken images.
- Be a social-media influencer: Select a series of actively toured landmarks or sceneries all over the world, and then post pics and videos inspiring people to come visit these areas. Who knows? It could win you great deals.
- Interpreter: if you’re lucky to be multi-lingual then translation services is a good job opportunity for you. Open an online translation service for customers. If possible, offer real-time support.
- Travel Photojournalist: Explore different areas and take stunning HD snapshots that you can sell to travel blogs and websites. Invest in the latest camera—start with immediate neighbors then make plans for far destinations as you grow.
- Teach languages: if you are fluent in many languages and love to teach then teaching languages is an excellent spot for you.
- Tour guide or consultant: Offer reliable remote tour guiding services to travelers.
- Pet or home sitter: Run a professional service that watches other people’s pets or homes when they are away.
- App developer: Think out of the box; create an app that the travel industry will find useful. Travelling the world while doing that can help you identify problems affecting tourists and address them in your app.
- International DJ: Explore music from all over the world and stand out as an international DJ.
Like any other venture, all these business ideas take time and some finances to start, build and run. After all, flying around the world isn’t a cheap ordeal.
Nevertheless, starting small and coming up with unique ideas can open up doors even if you’re picking from scratch.
Author Bio: Michael Hollis is a Detroit native who now lives in Los Angeles. He is an account executive who has helped hundreds of business owners with their affordable merchant loans. He’s experimented with various occupations: computer programming, dog-training, scientificating… But his favorite job is the one he’s now doing full time — providing business funding for hard working business owners across the country.